Thursday 11 December 2014

Christopher Lee: Darkest Carols, Faithful Sing (2014)

My boyfriend just yelled out from his computer, "APPARENTLY CHRISTOPHER LEE JUST RELEASED A HEAVY METAL CHRISTMAS SONG?"

After a second of mental processing, I yelled back: "AS IN SARUMAN?!"


Yeah. As in Saruman.


Apparently this isn't even his first foray into heavy metal Christmas music; in both 2012 and 2013 he released Christmas EPs, A Heavy Metal Christmas and A Heavy Metal Christmas Too. I mean…this is just my new favourite thing. (Also: why am I only just hearing about his first album now? I am not the esteemed alternative Christmas music expert I thought I was, clearly.)


Now, I just want to be clear: heavy metal isn't really my bag, and this is…not….great music. But that's sort of what makes it the best thing ever?


Anyway….yeah. This is a thing. You can buy the single via iTunes and Amazon, if you're game.




No comments:

Post a Comment