Saturday 29 November 2014

Hey! Ho! Let's Go!

I have a lot of feels when it comes to Christmas music.

Every year - going on officially now for maybe the last five years and unofficially for a lot longer - I make a Christmas mix CD for family and friends. It's an art form, I like to facetiously tell friends who don't really care. In my fine-tuning of this year's track list (it's a process) I came across a wealth of underground Christmas music blogs. At first I was pissed - why has it taken me this long to find such a treasure trove? And then I got kind of excited. Because maybe - just maybe - underground Christmas music bloggers are kind of….my people? And even though it seems like they've got the field covered, maybe there's something I can bring to my table.

So, here goes nothing. I have no idea what form this blog will take, and no idea where to start. After all, I've been collecting these tunes for about a decade now, give or take. But I'll muddle along until I figure it out, I guess.

And, since I know I always like to feel vaguely invested in the authors of my favourite blogs, I offer these fact-crumbs to you for consumption right off the bat: I'm an Aussie grrrl in my mid-twenties. Shortbread is my cocaine. And this is, quite possibly, my very favourite Christmas song of all time:


1 comment:

  1. Where you at? Come back to the blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete